Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Apartment Update

Yesterday I went to see my new apartment before renovations. Someone was currently storing their stuff in the apartment while his apartment is renovated. It made me quite worried hearing the property manager say they were running 2 months behind on construction, yet she promised me on our way out that mine would be ready by July 1st...so fingers crossed they kick it in the butt!




As you can see from the pictures (excuse the hideous couch) it is very small and outdated! Yes, I could've found a different place with more space, however, I wanted to live in the Hyde Park neighborhood, and well, that's the price you pay! I love a good project, and although I will not be the one doing the construction, I am determined to make this little space cute! Construction will be painting walls, polishing floors, gutting the kitchen to put in new black appliances, granite counters, cherry cabinets, new tile, new fixtures, completely new bathroom and wood blinds. I figure I would scare you guys with these pictures so you can see how pretty it, hopefully, will be afterwards!

Yikes right?! Since the kitchen is so small, I am worried a bit about storage space, since with the update I will have a fridge, dishwasher, stove and sink, there will not be much under the counter space or drawers. Any ideas, please comment! Thought it would be fun to have you all come along on this new journey into this disaster of an apartment with me.
On another note, I picked up my currency for Canada the other day. Can we just talk about how cool their money is?!
As you can see, I have a lot of organizing and packing still left to do before our trip. This vacation could not have come at a more perfect time. 2 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment