Sunday, June 14, 2015

Canada Part 3: Adventures

So as I sit here sweating my butt off in 95 degree humid Cincinnati weather, I am wishing I didn't complain about how "cold" it was in Canada last week. While I try to cool off, I figured I could finish up my Canada post. Besides all of the eating and drinking we did on our trip, Shelby & I did actually get around to see some of what Toronto had to offer!

Roof top deck view of the condo complex we stayed in, pretty sweet. 
 Park in the middle of downtown--aka where we rested when we were tired of walking.
A man would feed the birds here and have about 50 pigeons around him, ew.
This rest was short lived once the birds started coming near us, everyone knows my love for birds.
 Fancy steak/piano bar we were too scared to go into.
 Patch of greenery with statues of cows in the middle of the financial district. 
Shelby was mad at me for having to stop and see this, and for having to listen to
my marketing lesson about my theory behind why they were in the financial district,
"cash cows" making sense to anyone else?
Cute strip of restaurants on King Street East.
 Free taxi that I wanted to take, but we didn't. A guy bikes you around, poor guy.
Great picture taking skills Stephanie, I'm like a 50 year old mom with my finger in it.
 Dundas Square-Torontos version of Times Square. Some weird Indian Festival was going
on while we were there. Dundas Square is off Yonge Street, which is a street with a lot 
of shopping but it gets sketchy reeeeal fast.

 Old City Hall
 Shelby enjoys vacationing with me.
 View of CN Tower from our walk to dinner.
Only picture we had someone take of us...we will be better next time.
Our experience trying the lovely poutine, ew.
 The Flatiron Building, my favorite building in Toronto. So cool!
 St Lawrence Farmers Market. 
 Just being a tourist.
 The Distillery District, my absolute favorite! Fell in love with all the cobblestone. 
 Cutest little shops!
 Antique first aid kit, totally wanted to buy it, but it was $159! 
Locks of Love.
Bookstore madness.
Sugar Beach & Lake Ontario! Walked all the way there, only for it to start raining.
 Scarborough Bluffs-we took a little adventure out to the suburbs and in the back of a neighborhood
we walked through a park, hopped a fence and this is what we saw....amazing!!!! 
What a hidden gem! And to think Shelby was too scared to go over the fence. 
Well worth breaking the rules and risking our lives,
since it said the bluffs can crumble at any moment and we went there right after it rained.
Also, I just want to point out that dirt path that looks like people
walk that far out on the cliff.....crazy!!
Casa Loma-oh hey, we saw a castle too! We came the the conclusion that Canada
is kind of a 'want to be' England, minus the attractive accents. 


Overall, we had a great trip! Toronto was a bit too "hipster" for me, not the place to wear pastel colored Jcrew. But other than that, it was right up my alley, I love going out and exploring on vacation; laying around at the beach gets boring and is something I personally don't really enjoy. Hope you enjoyed the glimpse into our trip! And for all of you that are wondering, crossing the US border was much easier for us. The security guard only asked me, "why did you ONLY buy 2 bottles of wine to bring back?" apparently they don't make you pay the tax unless you bring back gallons and gallons of liquor. Oh well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment